Monday 5 August 2013

Fin's Cushion

So the sweet little person that inspired me to make my first quilt (a whole other story!) has just been christened. What do you get a little person on their christening day? I wanted to give something that he (and his parents) would know had been chosen with love. 

As he already has the FIRST QUILT I EVER MADE, I decided to make him a cushion. I wanted something simple, but interesting. So I settled on "sweet pea" from Camille Roskelley's book Simplify

I chose some red, white and blue fabrics all with stars, dots and stripes and got cutting!


It came together really quickly, both because of the simplicity of the pattern and also because of the seemingly random way the blocks are pieced.


I quilted the cushion top with randomly spaced horizontal and vertical lines. I really love how it turned out! 






Finished size 40" x 40" 







  

No comments:

Post a Comment