Thursday 15 August 2013

A bit of this + a bit of that = seemingly not very much done!

It's been a funny old week. Summer holidays are taking their toll on what little time I have to sew and I can't seem to get anything done! 

Having said that, I have got an order for 2 cushions and also, 2 baby quilts. So it's not all bad.

I spent yesterday deciding on fabric for the new quilts. FUN!! I love starting a new project. Everything is fresh and new and exciting! 


Quilt one is going to be made up of multi-coloured clothes with a rainbow backing.
Quilt two is going to be made up of predominantly blue clothes with a blue ombre backing. 

I can't wait to get started, but I have to finish the Berryman Boys' quilts first. I just have to bind them, so almost done! 

 I have a gorgeous little stack of shwe-shwe fat quarters that I bought last time I was at home (Cape Town, South Africa). They are printed in lovely reds, oranges, greens, pinks and golds as well as the traditional indigo and I've been waiting for the perfect project to use them.


Enter...Swoon by Camille Roskelley. Everybody in the quilting world seems to have made a Swoon Quilt, except me. Well not for long. I don't know when I'm going to find the time, but I am going to make an African Swoon!

Finally...thanks so much to all of you for your advice about the varying stitch lengths. I think it was getting caught/stuck on my extension table. Simple things hey?! 

That just about sums up a very disjointed week sewing wise. How do you manage to get sewing done during the holidays? Any clever tricks gladly accepted!

No comments:

Post a Comment