Wednesday 12 June 2013

The Windsor Emporium

Let me start by saying... 

I am officially crap at blogging! The days just seem to pass by in a blur and I realise I haven't posted anything...AGAIN! 

But anyway, let me tell you about my first experience at a market. 

I finally bit the bullet and decided to get a stand at The Windsor Emporioum. What a grand setting for a market! In the Guildhall, right next to the castle, looked down on by huge portraits of Kings and Queens.

I spent a few weeks before sewing my little heart out, trying to get enough bits to have for sale. The fact that I make memory quilts poses a bit of a problem in that I can't make them ahead of time. So I borrowed Callum's Quilt back from him for the day. I made up some cushions, embroidery hoop pictures and had 4 other quilts for sale too.

I was super excited by the time the first Sunday in June came around and ready to go and sell everything I had! 


Unfortunately, it was the first proper hot, sunny day in Windsor so everybody wanted to be outside...NOT looking at lovely handcrafted items INSIDE! It was very quiet. I had quite a few people have a look and ask questions, several of whom took a card, but that was all. Nothing sold. Nothing. At all. 
Nobody else really sold anything either though, so that made me fell better!

I did learn a lot and met some lovely people! And ate a lot of very nice cake (what else can you do when you're bored and there's lovely cake about? It would have been rude not to!)

I am planning on going to another Windsor Emporium in a few months time...maybe stop by and say Hi!





No comments:

Post a Comment